Ten

>> Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Lily groaned into the pillow the next morning, the ache in her neck creeping up into her head. She rolled over, still keeping her eyes firmly shut as she found Jon's heat. She rested her cheek against the soft fibres of his chest and sighed.

His arms tightened around her and his lips pressed a kiss to her forehead, hell her skin was on fire. "You ok LJ?" he pulled back and looked down at her still sleepily against him.

God, it was an effort to even answer him. Her shoulders ached and her body felt heavy. "I think your cold has finally caught up with me" she burrowed further into his chest. They’d spent the night in front of the fire till the wee hours of the morning talking and just relaxing in each other’s company.

Jon couldn't help the chuckle that came out "We are a likely pair aren't we? First I'm sick and now that I'm actually feeling better you're not". His head was clear and he felt well rested. Right on Christmas too. "Well maybe you can drink some more of your ass tasting tea…" he teased.

She snorted lightly "You're going to get it. I can't move"

"It's ok. I can be your bitch today. I've got to pop out myself for a bit but then I'll be back to wait on you hand and foot." He ran his hands down her back as she settled into him. He inhaled her hair. Even through sleep and sweat the coconut mango smell of her was there.

“It’s Christmas tonight” he grinned into he hair.

“Aren’t we supposed to be going somewhere?” remembering Jon telling her he had had plans before she arrived.

“We don’t have to – besides now you’re here I don’t want to go anywhere. You might get your Christmas present early. But there is a condition” he chuckled. She was at home so well here. Dammit, how was he going to let her leave this time.

“If you say I’m not getting it till we’ve slept together…I’m going to pound you into the ground” she knew how his mind worked.

He laughed “I’d like to see that happen, not that I don’t believe you can kick my ass. I’m sure you can. I’ve seen the spike on some of your heels… and that nail file is pretty sharp. “Hey!” he exclaimed as her elbow dug into his ribs. “I’m just sayin.”

“I’m hungry.”

“Well then milady what would you like for breakfast?”

“Tea and toast please. Normal tea that is” she corrected him before another smart ass remark about her flu-herbal tea.

“So you don’t want your delicious menthol leaf thing then?” his mouth quirked in a smirk.

“Jon, get me the damn tea and toast… please”

He snorted “Now look who’s grumpy” he said kissing the top of her head one more time before shifting from her grip and pulling on a pair of track pants. “Do you admit your tea tastes like ass?” he asked as he walked to the door. He turned around just in time to duck the pillow that was hurtling towards him.

“And that’s a yes” he said proudly as he made his way downstairs to prepare her breakfast. While the kettle boiled he made a few calls. To his mom, and his kids. Tomorrow was Christmas Day and obviously Lily would be meeting the family for the first time. He wanted to make sure it all went smoothly. He was taking Jesse and Steph out this afternoon, so he’d make sure to have that “talk” with them again.

He went about making the tea and on his second attempt the toast was done after the first lot was thrown black into the trash. It was his turn to run after her, but he didn’t mind. He carried the tray back into the bedroom and helped her sit up against the pillows.

“Do you want some medicine? Remember don’t take too much, you might pass out like I did” he chuckled. “And here I thought it was daytime medicine”.

She rubbed her eyes with the heel of her hand “That’s because you took the night-time stuff instead of the daytime stuff Jon” she nodded towards his bedside counter.

He picked up both bottles, the Nyquil clearly emptier than the daytime bottle. “Son of a –well, shit. That explains things”

She tucked the sheets around her as she held her tea taking a long sip “So just think, if you had taken the normal stuff you would of got laid” she winked.

He sat down on the edge of the bed and laughed “Where is Lily and how can I get her back? You’re getting quite a sharp wit on you… and I don’t like it” he lifted a strand of her hair behind her ear. Even pale and sleepy she was every bit as sexy as the first time he’d seen her on that beach. Damn.

She took a bite of the toast smeared in honey “You bring it out in me, I can’t seem to help myself when it comes to you”

“If that were so we’d of had sex by now” he waggled his brow and then held up his hand “I know, I know. I’m a shit. No need to tell me again” he moved over and lay out beside her his elbows propped behind his head.

Lily shook her head “Least you know your place”.

“So you’ll be ok while I head out this afternoon?”

She nodded and finished the last corner of her toast “Yeah, I’m just going to sleep a bit. I feel a bit better already, probably just the excitement and jetlag catching up. I’ll be fine…but you can still keep running after me.”

“Good, because we can’t be sick at Christmas…and I want to see what else you bought from that place” his eyebrow cocked as his lips curved up.

“I just bet” she settled the cup back on the tray and leaned back and closed her eyes.

“What are you thinking?”

She kept her eyes closed and smiled “Just how nice this is.” He’d given her a key to his apartment. It seemed right as well. The small flicker of the desire to start her own advertising business here in New York away from the St James brand had started to burn again. As much as she loved her job and London was her mother’s baby. She wanted her own accomplishment.

But was she even ready to commit to someone full time? Lily hadn’t done this in a long time. Something about Jon made that thought seem less scary.

“I couldn’t agree more. You’ll have to come more often now, that you have a key” he winked.

“You might regret that. I might just turn up at all times of the night… when you’ll be sleeping…entertaining…your lady friends” she raised her brow at him.

Jon clicked his fingers “Damn, I’ll have to be more careful about those hookers in the future”

She punched the side of his arm “Damn right you will be. You’ve seen my angry side. You don’t want to get on that side of me. You might not like it”

“True. Good thing I have the one woman I want then.”

She met him in a kiss, light on the touch but heavy on the emotion. “Now go get your things done. It will be crazy out there otherwise.”

“Alright – go back to sleep.” He shimmied off the bed and let her snuggle down before taking the empty dishes away. He showered and shaved before grabbing his coat and slipping out into the eve of Christmas, lined with snow.

~

She slept a good few hours, as she woke stretching feeling a lot better than this morning. Dayquil really does work. The time was after four in the afternoon. As she snuggled back down into the covers she watched the snow falling outside. What was better in the world watching snow fall when you were wrapped up in a big old blanket safe and warm? She glanced at the empty side of her bed. Ok, so having him here with her would be.

She finally got up and had a long hot shower before slipping into her robe and heading to the living area. She looked up as Jon had closed the door behind him, his blond hair windswept across his face and snow dusted his shoulders.

“Hey you’re up? Feelin better?” he asked.

She twisted the knot at her belt and let it fall loose. Jon gulped as the peek of deep red scalloped lace caught his eye.

“Uh huh”

4 comments:

Kris January 13, 2009 at 11:57 PM  

Well, seems so...Merry christmas Jon! ;-)

Anonymous January 20, 2009 at 6:05 PM  

Please don't let that be the end!!!
Keep going!

Big Apple Jen January 22, 2009 at 6:52 AM  

I really love this story. Funny and sexy. Will there be more ....? ;-)

Super_Kiwi January 22, 2009 at 3:29 PM  

Thanks guys ;) There sure will be, I'm working on it now ;) Won't be toooo far away.

*muah*

  © Blogger template Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP